Monday, April 12, 2010

Tattoo...

Last night, I was having a conversation with my boyfriend about tattoos. For those of you who know me, I have one of a dove holding an olive branch in its beak on my left wrist.

(a very blurry picture of my tattoo)

Now, for all my non-Bible readers, this symbolizes peace. I was going through a lot at that time, and I just needed something to look at to remind me that everything will be alright. I've heard that some people regret what they got (or just simply getting a tattoo in the first place). It's been two years since I got this, and each day I love it even more. So much so that I am getting another one THIS SUMMER! :) (they truly are addictive, but I promise that this will be my last one :P..it has to be, otherwise my mother...................................enough said.)

This post is just my thoughts on tattoos in general. I love them, when they are done in taste. When there is a story behind them, I have a lot more respect for them.

Now, I am learning not to judge people, but this question has been bugging me for a while: to the ladies, why oh WHY would you want to get some BIG tiger (or eagle, or flower WITH COLOR...those are the worst) on your right or left boob, or a snake winding around your thigh with the head ending at your crotch (yes, people are crazy)?! Or those patterns at the base of your spine (classic tramp stamp)? Or some Chinese (you think it means "love", but it actually means "kill"...ooo chile!)? And to the fellas (most men), PLEASE what is sexy in covering your WHOLE body in tattoos??? You look dirty, you look stupid, and it's just NASTY. Now those are the types of tattoos I will definitely regret.

Think before you do...PLEASE...because it hurts more to get it lasered off than it does getting it in the first place. Also, when you get older, you don't want to look at your wrinkly skin and have this ugly thing on you. #justsaying

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, poignant for me. I've been toying with the idea of getting a tatt this autumn. Also on my wrist. But i WONT get one until I'm sure about what design I want to go for. I actually quite like the idea that i don't have one. A lot of people have them. So it's going to take something significant to make me go down the 'just do it' route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...and yes, you really have to think before you do, and having some random design on your arm, ummmm no boo.

    ReplyDelete