Friday, April 9, 2010

"I Am Anti-Commitment"

"Love is a bitch. Pain is a whore. Misery is the motherfucker that won’t leave me alone."

Ever see the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" (the book has the same name)? They were definitely not lying when all those excuses meant the same thing: "I'm not into you".

Unfortunately, I fell for it. I really liked this guy, we started off as friends. The communication was not really there, but the sexual chemistry...WOW is all I can say. We became "exclusive", or so I thought. One day, after "talking" for 6 months, I asked him what was going on between us and why after all this time, we were still at the "talking stage". This fool said he's been burnt before, and he doesn't want to get hurt again. He said that he is anti-commitment, and he wants to stay that way. He might as well have just said, "I CLEARLY don't like you enough to be with you".

The sad part is that that should have been the biggest red flag for me to run in the opposite direction. But I stayed. And the longer I stayed, the more I was hurting myself, and the dumber I felt.

Now I knew where he was coming from when he said he's been burnt before, because I have been there. But that doesn't mean you still shouldn't give relationships a chance. We are not the same, and if you have been hurt more than once, then maybe you should take a look at yourself, and find out the kind of people you attract. #justsaying

To anyone reading this, learn from me: Greg Behrendt was not lying. Go and watch the movie, and look at the excuses. Call me naive, but I am a firm believer in if a guy/girl likes you enough to be with you, he/she will make it happen. All those excuses are just a "round about" way of saying "I'm not into you".




Disclaimer: I am definitely not anti-commitment, as you can see from my last post. So all ideas about me being a mad, black woman should quickly be removed. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment