Monday, September 13, 2010

VMA Madness

Hello all!
It has been a while, I know. I was busy with school, two internships, moving....a whoooole bunch of stuff. But now, I can semi-breathe and talk to y'all.

So like, y'all know, the 2010 VMAs were yesterday. Personally, I was ready for some crazy stuff, but the whole thing just left me so *blah*. So let me get into what I liked, and didn't like, and what I thought was just plain random:


-Nicki Minaj, PLEASE what in the name of ass injecting, Bjork pink hair, stupid ASS song hell were you doing at the pre-show? First of all, I didn't understand what she was talking about (I don't think I ever will), and then you bring Will-I'm-Not on the stage....looking like he spent 12980983474598739873475353 days on the beach...homie was BLUCK, not blAck, BLUCK...I think he's talented, but that performance...in short, that just left me with a -_- face.


-Chelsea Handler, I was expecting so much more from you!! I think Ellen Degeneres' ONE joke when she presented "Best Female Video" was better than her hosting. Come to think of it, why didn't they pick Ellen? She had some funny parts (tryna remember some, and it's JUST not coming to me). It's cool that it was the first time in 16 years that they had a woman host the show, but I'm sure even Sarah Silverman could have done a better job......and she's not funny.


-The stage setup this year was CRAZY...


-Were we supposed to be surprised that Rihanna performed? I wasn't. What was she wearing? She needs more people. And Jesus.


-Jersey Shore...the fact that MTV has blown these 8 trashy, overtanned NFA (no future ambition) lamos to epic proportions still boggles my mind. Yes, I do watch Jersey Shore, cuz it just makes me feel better that these 8 trashy, overtanned NFA lamos exist, and I know that I am destined for much better things in life.



-I liked B.o.B's performance. Nothing to write home about, but it was aite.


-Lady Gaga...Lady Gaga...Lady Gaga....how many times did I call your name? The VMAs might as well have been the "2010 Lady Gaga VMAs". Did she not win like every category except Best New Artist (and that was because she wasn't on the list...)???? And she wore MEAT. I think I'm going to become a vegetarian.

On second thought, no one will make me turn away from my steak, chicken, or fish. Sorry.

-And finally, the reason why everyone watched the show: Kanye West. His performance left me speechless, and I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The ballerinas were just there to occupy space. His song was funny. The guy from the Clipse was still trying to prove to everyone that he is still relevant.


I think that's all I have about this year's show. All in all, I would give it a 6. Not bad, not good. Just there.
Readers, what were YOUR favorite and not-so-favorite moments?
I will be blogging more often. I know I say that a lot, but I have 3 weeks of doing nothing, so you will hear from me a lot more.




No comments:

Post a Comment